Thursday, March 18, 2010

Tribute to Nujabes.



Those who know my well know that I doesn't listen to mainstream. Whatever it is that is on the radio doesn't serve the purpose of music. It is merely what the world want to listen to, not the true grace and beauty of music.

So, as a sign or protestion, I never listen much to whatever is it what is on the radio. Instead, I search for true music in youtube. I find myself liking musics that is more soft and relaxing. I listen to instrumental, lounge, classics and abit of oldies. That was until I found him.

Nujabes introduced my to the whole of hip-hop. Not the normal hip-hop stuff you hear on the net, where the MCs preach about drugs, sex, war and fights. He is the only hip-hop singer that don't actually sing, instead using instruments to bring about message of peace, love, harmony, hope, dreams and all the other positive things you can ever imagine -it is called soul hip-hop. He also collaborate with other MCs that do the singing, making his songs unique and relaxing. Following his revolution is dozens of other artistes like Emancipator, Uyama Hiroto and Jemapur who joined his company, Hydeout Productions.

Whenever I am sad, down, tired, stressed up from work, I will always jam Nujabes music into my ears. Somehow I feel more relax and calm. Soon, his music will accompany my day and night, and it somehow be like part of my life. I remembered listening to his song, "Aurarian Dance" while travelling on a train. I happen to stand at the corner of it that day, and seeing the seas of people coming in and out (as it was peak hour), while listening to his song, it makes me feel like nobody, like I am not involved with their activity, I am just an observer.

Today, I was left in total devastation when I heard the news about his death. Why must beautiful things end so fast? It is just the way of the world? As a small tribute to Nujabes, among the top artist that I actually find it to me liking, I shall play his songs in this blog for a month. It is also saddening to know that at the day when he died, Japan was struck with a 7.3 magnitude earthquake. Maybe it is just because someone with so much positive energy is leaving us.

Anyway, being just another normal human, I shall just accept this reality and sent you away, "with rainy eyes".


Rest in peace, brother.






No comments:

Post a Comment